Comprehensive Gait Analysis via Dartfish Videa
Walkers, hikers and runners will benefit by refining technique, maximizing efficiency and preventing chronic overuse injuries. Following a strength and flexibility assessment, and a video capture session on the treadmill or at the track, Dartfish video analysis software is employed to analyze your gait, from the sagittal, frontal and posterior views, frame-by-frame – focusing on hip and knee flexion/extension, torso angle, pelvis stability, hip adduction, knee valgus/varus, and ankle eversion. This system strives to uncover specific strength deficits and movement impairments that are causing pain, and or have the potential to lead to injury and inhibit performance. This system focuses on precisely pin-pointing the affected musculature and movement patterns and improve them via activation, strength and re-training, changing as little as possible with the individual’s gait. You are provided a detailed gait analysis report with images and written summary. Based on the individual results, a research based and proven activation, strength and movement training program is provided to help ensure a successful return to sport, injury prevention, or improve performance.
- Analysis performed by Julie Young, USC Movement Performance Institute (MPI) Specialist
- System developed by Dr. Chris Power, PT and USC researcher and leading biomechanist
- Analysis effective to return runners, walkers, team sport athlete to sport, provide injury prevention strategies, improve efficiency and performance
- Key gait phases captured and analyzed with Dartfish video analysis
- Learn proper body and joint position to optimize power and efficiency while reducing ground forces
- Identify individual muscular and biomechanical weaknesses that are causing pain or potentially leading to injury
- Address with individualized specific strength, neuromuscular activation and movement strategies (developed at Athletes’ Performance and USC-MPI)
- Report provided with images of analyzed key positions – comments/issues, suggested solutions and general recommendations
Gait Analysis Cost -$250
Follow-up consultation on activation, strength and movement retraining protocol progression $75/hour
Individualized comprehensive training plans also available.