Where: Autodesk, 111 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael
When: Sunday, October 16, 10-12:30pm
Goal: Increase cycling performance and efficiency
Pre-ride chalk-talk with discussion to include
- Proper bike fit and position – key to efficiency, performance and comfort
- Importance of posture and neutral spine and how it relates to improving cycling performance
- How to achieve an efficient pedal stroke
- Overview of the on-bike workout
On Bike workout
- Single leg pedaling drills
- Bike handling skills
- Protocol in the peloton
- Climbing intervals to hone technique and efficiency – capitalize on individual style and strength
- Descending – embrace and enjoy it
Post-ride wrap-up to include discussion on smart training - benefits to individualized, structured, systematic training – what does it look like. Followed by Q and A.
Coached by Julie Young – 12-year US National Team Member; Six-time Cycling World Championship Team Member; Overall General Classification winner of the Tour de L’Aude – women’s equivalent of Tour de France; Overall General Classification winner Tour d’Aquitaine, France; Stage wins and podium finishes at Tour de L’Aude, Tour d’Aquitaine, Tour of the European Economic Community, Molenheike, Tour d’Epinal and Grand Prix de Quebec. Winner Tahoe 100K Mountain Bike Race-Leadville Qualifier, 2011; Winner Xterra Lake Tahoe, 2011; Winner Xterra Nevada, 2011.
Pre- Registration required, space is limited. To register or for further information, please contact Julie Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.