A great opportunity for any of you wanting to learn about bike racing team tactics and individual tactics, as well as honing in on your bike handling skills.
Session 2 – Wednesday, April 18th
Sessions are put on by:
Trainer/Coach: Julie Young of O2Fitness Coaching and Training (Pro Cyclist/Endurance Athlete)
Rio Strada Women’s Team Manager: Beverley McInnes
Cost: $20 for both if you pay in advance - To pay in advance, please submit payment via PayPal to: email@example.com
Session #2 – Position in the Peloton
- Where should you be?
- Safety takes precedence
- Keep it in perspective – this isn’t the World Champs
- Where to be, when to be – Front, middle, back
- Team tactics regarding other racers/teams
- When to pull in the break, sit in
- Sit on a break and sprint – is it ok?
- Should I take up the pace? When and why?
- Creating Opportunity
- How Opportunities are made and lost
- Flats, winds – your teams secret weapon – the quickly, well organized echelon
- Capitalizing on cross-winds
- Pre-race Strategy
- The art of leading out and sprinting
Riding Exercises – leading out and sprinting