- Complete 16 week training program, February 15-June 2
- Twice weekly group workouts (Wednesday 5:15-6:15pm/Saturday 8-9:30am)
- $325 program fee -increases to $345after February 10.
- Minimum fitness requirement: must be able to run 5 miles
- Two training programs available: beginner/intermediate and advanced runner `
- Training group open to all – even those not entering the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey –who want a science-based, structured, comprehensive training plan, supported by group workouts
Training Program Participants Receive
- Daily science-based, systematic progressive training program based on heart rate zones written by Julie Young**
- Lactate Threshold test at Silver Sage Sports Performance Center to determine training zones
- Expert Coaching and mentor support
- Wednesday workouts – running, technique/drills, core stability, single leg stability, plyometrics
- Saturday workouts – speed skills, intervals, endurance
- Reno Running Company instore discounts & specials throughout the program
- Technical T-Shirt w/ custom Reno Running Company logo
- E-mail support – the coach will answer individual questions regarding training and running related issues
- Weekly emails on nutrition, apparel, footwear, form, core work & stretching
- Lots of Encouragement and Motivation!
- Two organized workouts/runs per week - Wednesday & Saturday
- Specific strength and core program designed to improve running efficiency training
**Julie Young is the Head Coach of O2fitness and Director of Silver Sage Sports Performance Center. She is a 12-year US National Cycling and World Championship Team member. Young’s running resume includes multiple wins at the Tahoe Rim 50K; Lake of the Sky trail marathon; and Golden Hills trail marathon.