Coached by Julie Young– Six-time Cycling World Championship Team Member; Olympic alternate; Overall General Classification winner of the Tour de L’Aude – women’s equivalent of Tour de France; Overall General Classification winner Tour d’Aquitaine, France; Stage wins and podium finishes at Tour de L’Aude, Tour d’Aquitaine, Tour of the European Economic Community, Molenheike, Tour d’Epinal and Grand Prix de Quebec
- Understanding of proper bike fit and efficient pedaling technique
- Improved biomechanical efficiency via movement preparation and pillar strength exercises
- Excellent, low-impact cross-training to improve overall strength
- Injury prevention and improved endurance
- Weekly workouts to scientifically train specific physiological systems developing speed, power, strength and endurance
- Mountain bike rides included to improve agility, balance, body awareness, and bike handling skills
- Riding skills to ride safely – with special emphasis on peloton protocol and etiquette
The training group provides comprehensive cycling specific workouts as well as the opportunity to build overall strength and endurance, for those seeking the cross-training aspect. Meet new like-minded, sporty friends – and training partners.
When: Thursdays 4:00-5:30pm, in eight week session format. Firts session starts September 29.
Where: Victory Velo
Cost: $200/eightweek session
Bike Fit and Physiological Testing available via o2fitness-Silver Sage Sports Performance Center
Training Plans: Starting at $200/month, individualized daily workouts in monthly format delivered via web-based Training Peaks software