New Session starts June 16, 2011
The training group provides comprehensive cycling specific workouts as well as the opportunity to build overall strength and endurance, for those seeking the cross-training aspect. Meet new like-minded, sporty friends – and training partners.
Coached by Julie Young – Six-time Cycling World Championship Team Member; Olympic alternate; Overall General Classification winner of the Tour de L’Aude – women’s equivalent of Tour de France; Overall General Classification winner Tour d’Aquitaine, France; Stage wins and podium finishes at Tour de L’Aude, Tour d’Aquitaine, Tour of the European Economic Community, Molenheike, Tour d’Epinal and Grand Prix de Quebec.
- Understanding of proper bike fit and efficient pedaling technique
- Improved biomechanical efficiency via movement preparation and pillar strength exercises
- Excellent, low-impact cross-training to improve overall strength
- Injury prevention and improved endurance
- Weekly workouts to scientifically train specific physiological systems developing speed, power, strength and endurance
- Mountain bike rides included to improve agility, balance, body awareness, and bike handling skills
- Riding skills to ride safely – with special emphasis on peloton protocol and etiquette
When: Thursdays 5:15-6:45pm, in eight week session format. First session starts June 16, with new sessions starting every eight weeks.
Where: Meeting place to be determined each week
Cost: $200/eight week session
Bike Fit and Physiological Testing available via o2fitness-Silver Sage Sports Performance Center
Training Plans: Starting at $200/month, individualized daily workouts in monthly format delivered via web-based training peaks software.